Citrus Season is Here!
Citrus season is an exciting time of year for fruit lovers. The sweet and tangy fruits that grow during this time are a treat to eat or drink! With so many varieties of citrus fruits to choose from, it can be difficult to know which ones are in season and how to keep your citrus plants healthy and happy. Here’s a guide to citrus season and some tips on how to get the most out of it.
Types of Citrus Fruits
There are many variations of citrus fruits in season during the winter months, including oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits, tangerines, and mandarins. Depending on your region, you may also have access to other more exotic varieties like pomelos, calamondins, and kumquats.
Keeping Your Citrus Plants Healthy
Here are some tips for keeping your citrus plants healthy and happy during citrus season:
- Make sure to water your plants regularly. Citrus plants require regular watering, and it can be easy to overlook this in the winter when the ground is colder and more wet.
- Fertilize your plants every few weeks. Use a fertilizer that is specifically designed for citrus plants.
- Prune your plants regularly to keep them from becoming overgrown.
- Protect your plants from pests by using an insecticide.
- Make sure your plants get enough sunlight. Citrus plants need at least six hours of direct sunlight a day.
Fruit Picking from Tall Trees or Bushes
If you have tall trees or bushes with citrus fruits, you may need to use a fruit picker tool to help you safely pick the fruits from the branches. The Eversprout Fruit Hook with Extension Pole is a great tool for this and the extension pole is telescopic meaning it can expand or contract to various lengths. It allows you to reach the highest branches to be the best fruit picker in town.
Enjoying Citrus Season
Citrus season is a great time of year to enjoy delicious and healthy fruits! Whether you’re picking them from your own trees or buying them at the store, make sure to take advantage of all the delicious options.
Leave a comment